All finished sewing my 16 Drunkard Path blocks.
Blocks? More like Miles!!
And what a trip it was!! From sweating over the first block to Easy Street on the last one. It took me almost one day with the 1st one. And only one hour with the last.
When I started sewing the first block, I hadn’t yet discovered I had cut the fabric pieces all wonky. When the seams didn’t line up and the “pie” pieces looked off, I just shrugged my shoulders. Kept sewing, making corrections on the fly.
Halfway through, I finally decided to research why every block required surgery.
I had ignored the direction arrow markings on the templates. The arrows meant to cut in that specific direction for each piece. It seems like it shouldn’t have mattered all that much. BUT it did. One side of the block was correct but the other was 1/8″ larger. EVERYTIME.
Thank goodness I figured out the problem. The last 8 blocks were easier to sew, though some pieces had already been cut during the Clueless Period. I recut a few. But was just about out of the fabrics I was using so had to make do.
For the last block I sewed, Block 14, I had to piece together a brown corner in two spots. You can see it here. Bottom left.
Hopefully most of the patch disappears when adding the border. But before I can even think about a border…. I have to square off each block to 14″ and sew them together.
And then the “sandwich process” begins. Yay!!