Yay!! I have a finish. TWO finishes.
First finish… a table runner. Or a wall hanging. I put those little triangle hanging tabs on the back. I added a bit of stippling. I was tired and wanted to get it finished so my stippling wasn’t planned out. I just started and kept going until I was done. I didn’t quilt the three triangle sections in the center. Just the triangles all around the edges. I think it is quilted enough. 😀
With the leftover fabric I made this pillowcover. Forty-eight 2 1/2″ squares.
I didn’t think it would fit but I forced this huge pillow inside. You should have seen me poking out the corners. I could have used an extra pair of hands.
I lined the front with flannel and the back with muslin. Quilting is all straight lines going around and around ending in the center. I did the quilting on my new sewing machine. I love it!!
The back, using the floral fabric, is envelope style.
Table runner measures 44″ by 27″. Pillowcover measures 18″ by 20″. I will definitely make more pillowcovers.
Well, that does it for me. What all did you finish up this week? Do tell….
Linking up to…
I decided a few straight lines just wasn’t enough for my Crossroads to Jericho table runner. It needed something more. MORE straight lines. One fourth inch apart.
Here I am plugging along. Working with the 9 patch areas.
Thank goodness there are only eight. Or I would still be quilting into next week. Going back and forth in such a small section is very time consuming. Start. Stop. And no matter how carefully I turned to go up and down, you can still see where I sewed. I went around the 9 patch block to try to camouflage it a bit. Oh well. I did the best I could.
Two more sections to quilt straight lines and then on to the fun part. And hopefully the faster part. Stippling. Or loopy loops in the border area and maybe the triangles.
Should have it finished by Friday. Need to work on some of my other UFO’s.