Still working on my Hugs and Kisses quilt top (X’s and O’s). Eight rows sewn together.
Four to go. Still up on my design wall.
BUT… I am thinking the quilt top might look better if the measurement down was the same as across. That would mean making 28 more blocks. 😦 Not sure I want to keep adding to something already bad.
No, for real. IT IS BAD!! From afar (across the street at the neighbors), it looks good. If you look really closely, you will see the white strips do not line up properly. This is the only diamond that came even close to being OK.
So sad. But it is my first quilt top using this design. I know I can do better. I just have to slow down when sewing on the diagonal.
I like most of the blocks. A few, not so much.
Like this pink one on the top left. I think it is a 1930’s fabric reprint. To be truthful, it could have stayed in the scrap bin. Or better yet, maybe leaped by itself into the trash bin. Not a good decision on my part to mix it with the jeweltones.
Oh well, it is what it is. (Don’t you hate that saying!! It is what it is.) Not going to pick them out. I will accept my mistakes, learn from them and move on.
One thing I did have 20/20 on… making sure I knew where what went. I added a quilting pin to the first block of each row.
Thank goodness. After two days of figuring out where I wanted each block, getting them all mixed up during the sewing wasn’t something I wanted to waste time with. So that one little step kept me from pulling out what little bit of hair I have left. 😀
Here’s what I plan to use for the back and binding.
I like it and will use the burgundy scissors for the binding. I thought maybe orange polka dots for the binding. Might be too loud.
For anyone thinking about trying this design, it goes together fairly quickly after the blocks are made.
Go here for the instructions.