OK, finished the first one. The block for my Bingo Game with my quilt group. The squares are sewn together, rows sewn together.
I think it came out nice. I like it. Here’s a close up.
When I was trying to decide how to display it, I remembered this cookbook stand that I bought at Michaels about five years ago.
I used it once at a craft show to display some of my necklaces. It is perfect for my Bingo block. I am going to use white buttons to mark the called out squares. And pin the buttons to the corkboard.
Green row: stripe, leaf, novelty, batik, heart
Blue row: geometric, star, 1930, plaid, oriental
Purple/Pink row: metallic, paisley, black (free space), dots, floral
Red row: floral, heart, stripe, holiday, novelty
Orange/Yellow row: dots, solid, novelty, butterfly, holiday
All fabrics accounted for.
So.. this one is done. And ready for the 15th when the game begins.
The 2nd game I told you about… you won’t believe how much time it took me to gather up my fabric and charms. This is just some of it. I ended up pulling down from the shelves all of my blue, yellow, red, green and purple fabrics.
Then fussy cut the novelty squares. Several hours. For real!! But it was worth it.
After seeing the photos, I think I am going to make a couple changes. The red sugar bowl and the green coffee cup side by side looks too similar. Gonna move one. And not sure how much I like that blue football. Not loving it. So, have to see what else I can put there.
Then I have to sew the squares together, add a border, quilt it and bind it. And also put the BINGO letters at the top.
Should be finished in a few days. I am early for a change. Doesn’t have to be completely finished until the 22nd. Plenty of time for me to pretty it up.😀
Linking up to: