Yesterday, I cut and cut and cut. Got all the rectangles and squares cut for the little mini quilt I am making for Halloween. My Halloween stash is really small so I am not doing anything elaborate or that takes a lot of time. Simple cut strips.
The layout has changed several times. I ended up needing to use most of the Moda Halloween charm pack to fill in the gaps. Left the black and grey ones in the pack. They stood out too much.
As did the lime polka dot fabric. Too bright for the look I was going for. You can’t see it in these photos, but I already swapped them out with avocado. I wanted the orange and purple to “pop”. The green was to be filler only. A sleeper fabric.
I was going to add a white frame around the Halloween fabric but it looked awful. Now I have to figure out what to do with six white strips.
Unless I change my mind, this will be the layout. With two outer borders. One orange, one black polka dot.
And then two long strips of rectangles/squares on the left and right of a six inch strip of the Halloween print. The Halloween fabric will go in the center of these.
I didn’t have much of it. About half a yard. So my hands got all shaky when I cut into it. For fear of messing it up. But I made it. No cutting errors. This project will be the first one to have so few leftover scrap pieces. Yay!! About time. My scrap bin already runneth over.
Today I sew.