Making quilts for dolls is a lot of fun. I get to experiment with colors and also use up some of those “cut but didn’t work” pieces from other projects.
These were made from the pink/purple scrap bin. Even used some of my Dresden Plate leftovers. Toss in some lace and you get what I am calling the Ball and Chain Series.
So far I have five finished. Here are front and back photos. Twice the fun.
And now some close-up’s.
You are probably wondering why I named them Ball and Chain. This little ball and chain keeps the pillow matched up with the quilt.
Next, I moved on to Zebras. Zebra fabric. I really love this fabric.
I added the lace and different color fabric trim. Matching pillow, of course.
I used the black and white zebra fabric for the back. Cuteness overload.
Then I made this quilt I call the Red Flower quilt. I fussy cut the flower for the center.
Used Michael Miller Clown Stripes as my starting Log Cabin border.
Not only did I fussy cut the red flower but I also “fussy sewed” to line up the stripes.
Then added my favorite polka dots.
Quilting was done with a fast simple meandering stipple design.
I knew I wanted to add lace and ribbon. Selected this double sided lace from my lace stash. Been there for YEARS. Happy to use some of it.
Binding was done with the red and black floral fabric. I had hoped to fussy cut more of the red but this was the best I could get.
This photo shows the fabric I used for the back. Didn’t want to go all wild with a lot of different fabrics. The front is busy enough. :D
Red Flower quilt measures 24″ by 24″. Perfect for 18″ dolls and could also be used for a new baby.
Hope you have enjoyed my Doll Days of August.
My Back-To-School quilt is finished. Working on the pillow. Photos soon, maybe tomorrow.