Well, you knew it had to happen, right!! That I would put my own spin on this.
I used a few larger pieces for this Barbie Ticker Tape doll quilt. In the corners and the center. I even “for real” quilted the center.
If you have been following along with me on my quilting journey, then you know I HATE the hand sewing the binding part the most.
So… this time I tried machine sewing it on. With mixed results. I like the look but I think it would have been faster just to hand sew it. I had a problem getting the top stitched seam to “catch” the seam with the batting. Had to rip out the stitches, open it up to see the problem. Ended up cutting 1/8″ off on one side and redoing it. Then I added a second seam all around just for safe measures. I will probably machine bind again but just on small items.
I bought this Barbie fabric I think on eBay, or maybe Etsy, a few years ago. Don’t have much left. I made a pillow and plan to make a larger pillow with the yard or so I have left.
Look at this little cloth doll I found at the Salvation Army Thrift Store this week. I am fast becoming one of their best customers. She was only $1.99. Her colors perfectly match my little quilt. I was tickled to find her!!
So… that is Ticker Tape Barbie. Next up, Mickey.