What a relief!! My test star is done.
I can actually say I have quilted something. I have wanted to learn quilting for years but kept putting it off for fear of the rotary cutter and not wanting to go through life with one or two less fingers. But it wasn’t so bad. Toward the end, I was cutting without my Klutz glove.
This is how my star looked when I showed it to you two days ago, on Tuesday. Pinned to my macrame board.
The center fabric didn’t stand out enough. It blended with the second fabric and was hard to see. So I recut those squares using the purple dotted fabric. Same as the last round.
Now I am glad I goofed in cutting the solid purple fabric. I like this arrangement much better.
Here’s everything all sewn together. I used the sewing machine to tack the tips. I sewed between the two folds. And then I sewed along the bottom straight edges.
I used one of my metal rings as a guide to mark where to sew the circle.
Then I added the back.
Next, I chose the floral fabric for the edging and cut a bias strip about 30″ long, 2 1/2″ wide. I folded the strip in half long ways. Then folded both sides down toward the center, ironed it flat and made it into a circle.
This is how the back looked before I hand stitched the edging.
And finished!! Yay!!
I am REALLY happy with this. Now I will make another one using the valentine and animal print fabrics.
Here is the link to the star in case you wish to make your own.