Tuesday, July 15
Wirewrapping IS getting easier. I don’t even dread it anymore. Though it takes longer to make, you can go off in many directions as you can see from the earrings I made last night.
Dangles with two tiers of gemstones plus crystal charms using links of chain and jump rings.
I rarely make earrings so I surprised myself in making them FIRST. When I do make earrings it is usually because I have beads leftover, just enough to make a pair. But this time, I had an idea for a dramatic pair and kept changing, rearranging the pieces until it matched the image in my head.
Now, I have to work on the bracelet. The base is finished. Next I will wirewrap the beads and then decide if I want a full look or sparsely filled look. I would like for the bracelet to match the fullness of the earrings if I have enough pieces.
Supplies used in this project:
- Chain link coils, gold plated
- Black Onyx beads, oval shape
- Jasper beads, flat oval shape and smaller round ones
- Topaz Crystal Dual Channel Connector, gold plated
- Jet Crystal Hearts, gold plated
- Jet Crystal Round Channels, gold plated
- 3mm gold filled round beads
- Jump rings, gold plated, 6mm, 18 ga and 4mm, 21 ga
- Fish hooks, gold plated
- Headpins, 3″, 21 ga, gold plated