Tuesday, July 1
This month should be interesting. I am looking forward to working with wire. I have been buying books for several months and studying the techniques and designs. And flipping through the pages looking for something that will be kind to my hands.
I have struggled with wirewrapping in my short jewelry making past and have avoided it like the plague. But there are so many beautiful pieces that can be created from wire and the only way to learn is by trying it. Experiment with different types and gauges. Hopefully my skills will improve and my hands hold up.
Here are the books I will be using as resources this month. There’s plenty here to get ideas from or to attempt the actually piece.
- Contemporary Bead & Wire Jewelry by Nathalie Mornu & Suzanne J.E. Tourtillott. Lark Books, 2006.
- Creating Wire and Beaded Jewelry by Linda Jones. North Light Books, 2004.
- Beading with Charms by Katherine Duncan Aimone. Lark Books, 2007.
- Findings & Finishings by Sharon Bateman. Interweave Press, 2003.
- Creative Metal Clay Jewelry by CeCe Wire. Lark Books, 2007. (Not sure why I bought this one. I won’t be making any metal clay jewelry. But it was a bargain. 50% off. And it has great pictures.)
- Step by Step Wire Jewelry. Interweave Press, Winter 2008, Vol 3, No 5.
- Step by Step Wire Jewelry. Interweave Press, Summer 2008, Vol 4, No 2.