It had to happen… eventually, right? I just can’t keep making quilt tops without completing the process of actually quilting them.
This is the first one I made. So, it gets quilted first. I struggled sewing it. Makes sense that I struggle quilting it. It took me about 3 hours getting the “sandwich” just so and pinning the layers.
I haven’t purchased an extension table yet for my sewing machine so I had to improvise. My mini ironing board to the rescue. It actually is working out great.
The fabric for the back is some blah brown print I got for half off several months ago. It is ok for the first one. And was just the right size. That is after I took 3 yards and sewed them side-by-side to another 3 yards. I had read somewhere not to put a seam down the center of the backing fabric. Too late!! But I did do a French Seam and reinforced the seam TWICE when starting it AND double stitched it again for the final seam. Nothing is going to pull out those stitches!!
I decided to free motion quilt it using the stippling design for all around the outer part and in between the Drunkard Path circles. For the circles, I am going to attempt curved lines.
Here is what it looks like after two hours. I am showing you the backside so you can see my handiwork. I am half way around.
My bobbin ran out three times. My left arm was getting heavy and my shoulder was starting to hurt. Break time!!
After I wind some bobbins I will get back started. Tomorrow. :D